The Phoenix Rising
When registering for this forum, kindly employ a username that the administrators will recognise (i.e. your name). Once you have created a character, please change your username to that of your PC.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phoenix Rising
When registering for this forum, kindly employ a username that the administrators will recognise (i.e. your name). Once you have created a character, please change your username to that of your PC.
The Phoenix Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Phoenix Rising

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power idea/does it exist?/not sure if it should go in which forum...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Boris Orlov

Boris Orlov

Okay, so in one vampire game (PnP) I was in, there was an NPC vampire barkeep who could make blood-laced alcohol that Kindred could drink as though it was blood (I think 'as though it was blood from someone who was drunk', so you could get buzzed, too, as well as enjoy your drink with no regrets)

Not sure if that 'really' exists or was just a spot of nifty homebrew, so the main question is "does anyone know if it does?"... but as a follow-up, if it doesn't, I think it would make sense as maybe a Devotion off the Path of Blood (+something).

Thoughts?

Lukas

Matthew Buchanan wrote:Okay, so in one vampire game (PnP) I was in, there was an NPC vampire barkeep who could make blood-laced alcohol that Kindred could drink as though it was blood (I think 'as though it was blood from someone who was drunk', so you could get buzzed, too, as well as enjoy your drink with no regrets)

Not sure if that 'really' exists or was just a spot of nifty homebrew, so the main question is "does anyone know if it does?"... but as a follow-up, if it doesn't, I think it would make sense as maybe a Devotion off the Path of Blood (+something).

Thoughts?

Drinking blood from other kindred has other things attached to it in this system that are not benificial in 'most' instances.

I suggest if you want to go out on a evening of drunken missbehaviour you should chat to Kieran, he has more than his fair share of fun out on the town Smile

ST 1

Admin

In the new system, blood not taken directly from the veins loses most of its taste, so I'm guessing that was an OWOD styled game.

We're not likely to approve anything that lets blood keep it's efficacy after being withdrawn, though there's no reason that you couldn't drink blood-laced alcohol, you'd just have to throw up the alcohol later.

https://thephoenixrises.forumotion.com

Boris Orlov

Boris Orlov

Actually, isn't the effect I described back then basically the same (on a mechanical level) as the Engaging the Vessel of Transference ritual?

ST 1

Admin

Ahh, that ritual is designed for a different purpose. You can use that particular one to steal someones blood for nefarious purposes. It also was used to bloodbind, but that's more difficult in the current system.

https://thephoenixrises.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum