The Phoenix Rising
When registering for this forum, kindly employ a username that the administrators will recognise (i.e. your name). Once you have created a character, please change your username to that of your PC.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phoenix Rising
When registering for this forum, kindly employ a username that the administrators will recognise (i.e. your name). Once you have created a character, please change your username to that of your PC.
The Phoenix Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Phoenix Rising

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damage Caps

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Damage Caps Empty Damage Caps Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 pm

ST 2

Admin

Would people be in favour of damage caps from a single strike or not? With a damage cap, the possibility of a "One shot kill" is mostly removed, but this does reduce the point of having a vast amount of skill with an attack form. Our feeling is that we should have a damage cap.

2Damage Caps Empty Re: Damage Caps Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Albert Smith

Albert Smith

I am in favour of damage caps.

3Damage Caps Empty Re: Damage Caps Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Steven Cooper

yup in favour of damage caps too.

4Damage Caps Empty Re: Damage Caps Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:29 pm

ST 1

Admin

It looks like damage caps are a go unless anyone can think of why we wouldn't want them.

https://thephoenixrises.forumotion.com

5Damage Caps Empty Re: Damage Caps Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 am

The issue with Damage Caps is the same as with 'only a certain number of people can attack single target', that it's attempting to avoid one shot kills, or player deaths by gank?

Or are these really separate issues?

While I can see how in setting it makes sense to be able to instantly strike down someone, for RP purposes I can see that it would make sense to allow damage caps etc.

TLDR: In favour.

6Damage Caps Empty Re: Damage Caps Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Castellain

The only a certain amount of people can attack a single target at a time rule is actually fairly onto it in my opinion. Realistically, you can only squeeze so many bodies around 1 person/target and anyone attempting to shoot into that mix is faaar more likely to hit one of their own than the actual target at that point.

Having actually been in mass brawls and melee's I'll happily attest to that :p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]