The Phoenix Rising
When registering for this forum, kindly employ a username that the administrators will recognise (i.e. your name). Once you have created a character, please change your username to that of your PC.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phoenix Rising
When registering for this forum, kindly employ a username that the administrators will recognise (i.e. your name). Once you have created a character, please change your username to that of your PC.
The Phoenix Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Phoenix Rising

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blood Potency

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blood Potency Empty Blood Potency Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:00 pm

ST 2

Admin

We've been discussing this ourselves and would like your input. Would you like to see Blood Potency (Replacing Generation) only able to increase due to Diablerie or would you like to see a mechanism where it increases with age as the game progresses? We see pros and cons with both methods.

2Blood Potency Empty Re: Blood Potency Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Albert Smith

Albert Smith

As much as I would love to be able to increase my Gen (BP)I think it would change some of the flavour of the setting.

3Blood Potency Empty Re: Blood Potency Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 am

ST 2

Admin

Albert Smith wrote:As much as I would love to be able to increase my Gen (BP)I think it would change some of the flavour of the setting.

Agreed, this is a setting point, but there are system aspects as well. I'd like people to consider the following points:

- If blood potency can't be increased with XP, then all converted characters could reasonably be limited to Blood Potency 3 for consistency with new characters made under the nWoD system.

- Even if we keep 'Generation' as a Merit, the system isn't supposed to have it and it would have to cost substantially less than Blood Potency to allow people to start at the generations currently available.

- Systematically, Blood Potency resists a lot more things than generation - not to have the potential for increase may lead to balance issues for lower Blood Potency characters over time. (Note that I haven't played in a long enough nWoD vampire game to evaluate this).

- The possibility of eclipse actually mirrors what we've already been doing with higher XP characters in the game; we'd love to have a mechanism for it and give that option to players who may want an excuse to shelve a character for a while.

4Blood Potency Empty Re: Blood Potency Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 am

Cedric Ibn Sarmad

Cedric Ibn Sarmad

Ilike the implicit defined heriachy of generation, even if people are only vaguely aware of it, but the system aspe ts when brought into new setting are eh... Blood potency is too tied into everything to do away with it. If there was blood potency with a generation merit only purchaseable at creation which gave small benefits, like social/mental defences vs kinded, or extra blood pool over potency normal holding. then still the closer to Cain stronger, while still ableto get bp and blood strengthening over time, merely a inherent power to blood

5Blood Potency Empty Re: Blood Potency Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:56 am

ST 2

Admin

Cedric Ibn Sarmad wrote:Ilike the implicit defined heriachy of generation, even if people are only vaguely aware of it, but the system aspe ts when brought into new setting are eh... Blood potency is too tied into everything to do away with it. If there was blood potency with a generation merit only purchaseable at creation which gave small benefits, like social/mental defences vs kinded, or extra blood pool over potency normal holding. then still the closer to Cain stronger, while still ableto get bp and blood strengthening over time, merely a inherent power to blood

Nice idea. I'm not sure how workable it is, but it's worth thinking about Smile

6Blood Potency Empty Re: Blood Potency Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 pm

ST 2

Admin

After some discussion, we have decided that if we do stick with static generation/blood potency, we would randomise starting blood potency for new characters, not allowing it as a purchase at character creation or thereafter.

7Blood Potency Empty Re: Blood Potency Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 am

ST 1

Admin

As per player vote, we will be having static blood potency which will not be able to be increased, thus new characters will have their blood potency assigned or rendomised. This will not be a purchasable merit.

https://thephoenixrises.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]